Pages

Tuesday 14 June 2016

I came across this pile of books 
and I believe it isn't a random find
but this would be common site
in Vanuatu rural schools



This is the type of books seen above !!

When thinking of sending books first , STOP ! and think
can my 4 year old child read it !!

The best thing you can do is sell all the books and send the money
and any other money that was going to be spent on sending the books

 so, that the purchase of the books that the child will be
required to read in the school can be purchased.

It will save us all a big job in sending & destroying these books 
and wasting money that could be used in getting the right books.


Ian & I had to stop the front diff from leaking


My shower room at Magamone 


The children at the celebrations in custom dress


One of the family huts in the area


Receiving a gift from the village 


A welcome to the opening ceremony


Here is a photo of the track that It was travelling 2 hours to get to
Magamone school. This is a good part of the track



For those in Blenheim who know South East Ambrym 
this is a photo showing how close I was to where we 
landed in the plane in the distance  

YET I had to travel 4 hours from West Ambrym to this point
because of the rough unpredictable seas.



Here is the Plane I returned to Port Vila
It arrive one and half hours late 
and the light was fading
but this is the pacific 


No comments:

Post a Comment